Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Confess & Conquer

Okay, I am confessing...my name is Mel and I am a "nail biter". No! I am not a member of NAILBITERS ANONYMOUS however.  Yes! Such a thing does exist! Don't even go on the website and look at the pics because some of them are disgusting. I was never as bad as that, but I have extremely thin nails that will break, peel off, and even snag on a feather my teeth and well of course...you know the rest of the story.

Over the years, I have spent way too much money on acrylic nails, solar nails, gel nails, fiberglass nails, instant press-on nails, sculpt your own nails...every kind of artificial nail money can buy.

About 3 weeks ago, I called my "boyfriend"...how funny does that sound coming from a 41 year old!?!?!? hee! hee!  Anyways, I called him and said..."I stopped biting my nails today" and I meant it.  I was going to conquer this life long awful habit with a little help from my new bestest friend...

"meet my new bestest friend"

This is what is on the bottle...

Nailtiques Formula 2 for Thin, Brittle Nails
proven to help nails that are inclined to peel,
 break or split. It promotes natural nail growth.

I just knew this was the right stuff for me. 
Guess what??? 
IT WAS!  YAHOO!
sold at CVS for only $17.99
(still < the price of one set of fake nails)

1 comment: