Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Unforgetable Impact

Several years ago when I was in the process of looking for a new church home, I spent many Sunday's listening to one of my favorites on the television...Dr. Charles Stanley.  He came on every Sunday morning and every Sunday night...so I caught one or the other "religiously"!!!  I guess I considered him my preacher for some time.  I loved & still love his sermons.  It always seemed as if Dr. Stanley had my phone bugged or something.  Every time I was faced with some trial or was troubled, his sermon that week seemed to always hit the nail right on the head!  I will tell you that he has done more for me and my life than he will ever know.

Shortly after Aaron and I started dating, he surprised me one Sunday with the best surprise ever.  He was taking me to see Dr. Stanley in person.  When we got to First Baptist Church of Atlanta where Dr. Stanley is pastor, I was literally shaking.  I even cried when he came out.  I was sitting three rows from the man that had helped me through some of the darkest moments in my life.  WOW!  I could not believe it.  I am almost crying just writing this because I still remember the feeling like it was yesterday. 

On the weekends that Aaron and I were in Atlanta, we continued to go hear Dr. Stanley.  We even went for a three week seminar on Wednesday nights on "Identifying Your Spiritual Gifts".  During one of those seminars, I bought one of Dr. Stanley's devotional books in the church's bookstore.  This is it....

 my favorite devotional book... 
he even autographed it for me. 


If you like Dr. Charles Stanley’s radio program, TV broadcast and books, then you’ll love his FREE, award-winning monthly magazine that I have been getting for a little over a year.  It’s full of informative resources that will touch your heart and invigorate your faith. In Touch magazine has daily devotionals from Dr. Stanley, in-depth Bible studies, inspiring articles and insightful teaching to help strengthen your family and your relationship with God. It is one of the best freebies around.  Click the link below and you can have one mailed to you each month like I do.



I actually started this post to share with you an article that is in this month's In Touch magazine titled SIGNS OF SPRING.  It is an interview with Steven Curtis Chapman, a famous contemporary Christian artist, but it isn't about his singing career...it is about a tragic accident that took the life of his five year old daughter and there is more...SOOO MUCH MORE!!!  It is one of the most heart grabbing stories I have EVER read.  You must read it...click here! It definitely left an unforgetable impact on me.

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Stanley is a favorite of mine as well. I felt the same way when I went to my first Beth Moore event. In many ways, she's been my mentor throughout the years, and it was completely overwhelming for me to hear her in person.

    Hope you're having a good week, and the diaper centerpiece almost looks edible! Good job.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete