Wednesday, April 21, 2010

VOILA!

Several girls from the church and I had the privilage of hosting a baby shower for a dear friend several weeks ago. I decided to do a diaper cake for the centerpiece of the food table, and it could also serve as a gift. No, I have never done a diaper cake nor have I ever seen one before. 

I researched and researched and came up with a plan. I had already been to see the baby's room and knew what colors were being used.  By the way...the most beautiful nursery I have ever seen. So, I set out for Hobby Lobby and Wal Mart to buy the goods.

Rolling diapers, hot gluing ribbon, cutting out squares and tying bows was so much fun. I must say I had a blast making my very first diaper cake. It wasn't hard, but I am a bit of a perfectionist so it took me some time to get the cake just like I wanted it...PERFECT!!!

AND...  VOILA!



LANDER is his name and he has already arrived.
He is absolutely beautiful and precious! 

Proud Aunt Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment