Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Jalapeno Yummies

I really enjoy cooking...well, sometimes!  The things I love cooking most are appetizers or party-like foods.  My Aaron loves jalapenoes & he loves bacon.  I think he would eat both on everything if he could.  I went to visit him for a couple of days during my spring break and thought I would fix him something that contained both of his favorites.  I looked and looked at different recipes online and ended up combining bits and pieces from several different ones and came up with....well you'll see. 

First, I went shopping for all the "possible" ingredients - what I mean by "possible" is all the ingredients that I thought if I threw together would be DEEE-LICIOUS!  Look what was the first thing I found.  It was a sign right off the bat that I was going to make something...GOOETT!!!

Check out the name on these babies!

I gathered a couple more items: cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, & of course...bacon and I was ready to go get busy.  I was so excited.  Oh, I bought stuff to cook "Cowboy Sandwiches" and "Strawberry Shortcake" too.  Okay, so back to the jalapeno yummies!  I sliced all of the jalapenos in half longways.

I found that a grapefruit spoon works amazingly
well with digging out the insides.


These are the insides...I just loved this picture.


I then mixed 8oz of cream cheese with 11/2 cups
of sharp cheddar cheese and filled each
jalapeno half.


 
Then I wrapped each one with bacon and stuck
a toothpick in them to hold the bacon on as it cooked.
I cooked them on 350 degrees for
about 25-30 minutes.


 
And OH YEAH...they melted in our mouths.
The Cowboy Sandwiches were good too.

And last but not least...DESSERT!!!

Yummie, Yummie...Strawberry Shortcake!

Shane and Alexi (Aaron's roommates) joined us for dinner and
I think it was a success!!!
Good food...good friends...good time had by all!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mel...

    These look delicious. I'm a horrible cook! Currently taking a cooking class of my church from one of the favorite church cooks. I take pen in hand and scribble down her thoughts, although I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to duplicate them. At 43, I've pretty much given up, but I think I could handle these appetizers!

    You have some beautiful boys there; I have three of them and then Miss Amelia as the caboose. I was a single mom for a few years with my older sons and then met my Billy. We've walked a good road of grace for nearly 13 years now; so glad for the way my life has worked out... far more than I could have ever hoped or prayer for. Blessings to you as you continue the journey. You're always welcome over at my place.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try those recipes - they look great!

    You're doing an awesome job on your blog! I'm enjoying it so much!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete